- 0300 303 0890HAFBook a SessionVelocityMy Ignite
- Sports Apprenticeships
- Adult Education
- Holiday Camps
- Junior and Youth Football
- School Services
- About Us
Full Time Functional Skills Tutor (Maths and English) - (Option to deliver teaching remotely) IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE I Location: Oxford (OX3 0NQ) I Salary: £26,000 - £29,000
Established in 1999, Ignite Sport UK's primary aim is to inspire people with sport, activity, and wellbeing, and to help create a sense of achievement for participants of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. Based in Oxford and operating nationally, we provide a portfolio of training and services to individuals, schools and the sports industry. A registered training provider for sport & education qualifications, working in further education, apprenticeships, and adult education. We are listed on the register of apprenticeship training providers (RoATP) and hold a direct contract with the ESFA. We also work with funding partners to deliver up-skilling CPD for sports coaches and sports organisations. We use a blended learning approach with a combination of on-the-job training, face-to-face training, and online e-portfolios.
We are seeking an inspiring and enthusiastic Functional Skills Maths and English Tutor to teach level 2 students on a face to face 1:1 and group basis via a blended learning approach.
• To identify learner's strengths and weaknesses through initial assessment diagnostics and support them accordingly.
• Develop own learning materials and assessment plans.
• Prepare and develop innovative sessions, design and deliver group activities to achieve positive outcomes, embedding the learning, wherever possible, to make the sessions relevant.
• Identify any barriers to learning and plan effective training based on individual learner needs (including EHCP/SEN student needs)
• Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their set goal / target.
• Ensure each learner's progression and learning reviews are recorded efficiently.
• Applicants must hold a recognised Teaching qualification at Level 3 or above (AET, PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE etc).
• 1 year + experience
• Confident with remote delivery via Teams & Zoom
• Full, clean, UK driving licence with access to own vehicle.
• The successful applicant must already have experience of working within an education and/or training business or setting.
• Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and verbal.
• Exceptional people skills.
• Time management and organisational skills.
• A knowledge of sports qualifications
• An interest in sport
• Knowledge/qualification in safeguarding
We operate a strict pre vetting policy. Candidates will also undergo a staff suitability process including an Enhanced DBS check.
Free Childcare (school holidays)
Mentoring, regular CPD and personal development
On-site parking & cafe
Annual health and wellbeing grant
Please note, this role can be delivered part remotely
To apply: Email CV and covering note on why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com
Application deadline : February 11th, 2022